Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snow Day Go Away!

I have the snow day blues!!! AHH!!! I just want out of the house soooo bad!! Tomorrow church is cancelled and I haven't seen any other faces besides those of my family in wayyyy too long! I am totally one hundred percent NOT a home-body. I need socialization!

In my boredom(sp) I did spend some quiet time with the Lord. We are doing a Bible study at church on the book Jonah. It's a color coding Bible study which is something that I haven't done before but am enjoying it! I think I have read Jonah 1-3 about 12 times now! haha. Something I learned from the Bible study is that you can't run from God. Not that I have been doing this on purpse. I just think that so many times God has His arms out to me just wanting me to come to Him, and I just go, ya know, I got this. Which is really stupid of me, but whatever. I realized that I just need to run into His arms and just let Him take care of me. He knows what's better for my life so much more than I could ever imagine.

Also, Jonah 3:10 struck out to me which is

When God saw their deeds, that they turned away from their wicked ways, then God relented concerning the calamity which He has declared e would bring upon them. And He did not do it.

Not that I have done anything REALLY bad, on purpose or not, all sin is equal in the eyes of our Heavenly Father, and if we just turn away from our sin, HE WILL RELENT!! ugh..this makes me feel so unworthy, which we are by the way. Anywho, just a little insight to my Bible study :)

Now I am back to being BORED on this snowy yucky saturday with no hope of fellowshipping with my church family in the morning. But when 2 or more are gathered in His name, He is there. I will keep that in mind for tomorrow morning! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment